I've been a professional psychic for about 25 years. I read cards, I channel information directly from Spirit, I communicate with people who have passed on. These are all ways that I get information from "the other side," the non-physical realm. I can also contact people who are still alive but not present, if they have information they can share.

In this blog I intend to share information about what I do so that people who might need my services can find out about me, and also to help people who are interested in doing similar work.

People often ask me how I got into this line of work, so here's my background in a nutshell:

As a small child, I was able to hold two-way conversations with plants and animals. Growing up, I often knew what other people were thinking and feeling, but I assumed that was normal and thought nothing of it. When I was 38 I met a professional psychic who taught me to read playing cards and urged me to share my gifts by offering psychic readings to the public. In the course of doing readings with the cards, I gradually found out that I could do other things like channel Spirit or communicate with the dead. Somewhere along the line I learned to work with other spirits or energies and do things like clear houses and other spaces. I'll be writing articles about each of these aspects of my work; if you get tired of waiting feel free to ask questions.

Friday, December 12, 2014

How well do you know yourself?

My introduction to "alternative reality" was with a palm reader, long ago. The only thing I remember from the reading is that she told me I had been abused as a child. I had a concept of what "child abuse" was, and it didn't fit with anything that had happened in my family, so I assumed she didn't know what she was talking about. A few months later, I had a reading with a different palm reader, who told me the same thing. I still "knew" they were both wrong, but it certainly made me wonder why they both said it.
Today, I know that there are many different ways that a child can be abused, and it doesn't even have to be intentional. And it definitely did happen in my family and to me. I just didn't recognize that fact at the time of those first palm readings.

I went to a woman for my first healing session a few months after that. She had me sit in a straight-backed chair, and she placed a similar chair for herself about 8 feet in front of me. I wondered why she was sitting so far away from me, and, as if she had heard my question, she stated that the chairs were so far apart because I was so fearful of what we were going to do that it would be easier for her to work if we weren't close together. I replied that I wasn't afraid or I wouldn't have been there in the first place. Nevertheless, she did her work while sitting at that distance from me. By the time it was all over, I was very impressed with her and her work, despite the fact that she had been "mistaken" in thinking that I was afraid.
A few weeks later, I went to another healer, and as we were just getting into the session, she said that the first thing she was going to have to do was calm my fears about working with her. I told her what I had told the first healer: I wasn't afraid, otherwise I wouldn't be there. She disregarded that, as the first healer had, and went about her work as if she knew what she was doing. And, just as the first healer had, she impressed me very much with her work. So I knew that she knew what she was doing, I just couldn't figure out how she could be such a good healer and still come up with such a crazy idea!
Not too long after that, I went to my third healer. (Yes, I was very gung-ho!) As we both relaxed and got settled in, she said that she was going to bring in an angel to entertain my inner child so that we could work without all his fear getting in the way! I was still very new to all this stuff, and I still had no idea what "fear" she was talking about, but I knew there had to be a reason why all of these people thought they were seeing so much fear in me!

All these years later, I know that they were indeed right. I recognize that I was brought up to fear anything new and different. When I became an adult who wanted to find out about all these "new and different" spiritual concepts, one of my main obstacles was all the fear that had been imprinted on me as a child. Luckily, my desire to know and grow is much too strong to be stopped for very long by any unconscious fear of what I might find along my path.

So, when a psychic or healer tells you something about yourself that doesn't feel right, well, maybe it isn't. People do make mistakes. But a stranger can be more objective about you than you can be about yourself. So don't discard that "wrong" information, just file it away in a safe place where you can access it if you need to. And if you hear it again, and especially if you hear it again for the third time, it's probably correct and it would be to your benefit to listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment