I've been a professional psychic for about 25 years. I read cards, I channel information directly from Spirit, I communicate with people who have passed on. These are all ways that I get information from "the other side," the non-physical realm. I can also contact people who are still alive but not present, if they have information they can share.

In this blog I intend to share information about what I do so that people who might need my services can find out about me, and also to help people who are interested in doing similar work.

People often ask me how I got into this line of work, so here's my background in a nutshell:

As a small child, I was able to hold two-way conversations with plants and animals. Growing up, I often knew what other people were thinking and feeling, but I assumed that was normal and thought nothing of it. When I was 38 I met a professional psychic who taught me to read playing cards and urged me to share my gifts by offering psychic readings to the public. In the course of doing readings with the cards, I gradually found out that I could do other things like channel Spirit or communicate with the dead. Somewhere along the line I learned to work with other spirits or energies and do things like clear houses and other spaces. I'll be writing articles about each of these aspects of my work; if you get tired of waiting feel free to ask questions.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Developing Your Psychic Abilities- Part 3: Chakras


This is actually just a cursory look at the chakras, even if the article seems a little on the long side. If you're interested mainly in ways to take care of them, there are processes below.


Chakras are energy centers located throughout the body. They are bridges between our energy body and physical body, and also between us and Spirit. Each chakra is connected, by a fine thread of light or energy, to each of the other chakras and also to all other living things. All of creation is a web of energy, and our chakras are our points of connection to that web.

Although there are many chakras in your body, there are 7 main ones that are often talked about, and they are located more or less as you see in the illustration. They are traditionally numbered 1 to 7, with 1 being between your legs, “pointed” at the Earth, and 7 being at the crown of your head.

Each chakra performs a range of functions for you, and there are many places where you can read about that, so I’m going to mention each one only briefly. Even though we say “this chakra is associated with so-and-so,” the fact is they are connected to each other, their functions blend, and they depend on each other.
            The first chakra, also called the root chakra, is associated with survival. It connects you to the Earth, your ultimate source of support.
            The second chakra is located about midway between the navel and pubic bone and is associated with sexuality and creativity.
            The third chakra is located between the sternum and navel and is associated with your personal power (or lack thereof).
            The fourth chakra, the heart chakra, is located midway in the chakras, and is sort of their “hub:” if it isn’t working well, none of the chakras will function perfectly.
            The fifth chakra, the throat chakra, is associated with voice and expression. Because it is connected with how you express yourself in the world, it also has to do with manifesting.
            The sixth chakra, sometimes called the Third Eye, is located between and slightly above the eyes. It’s associated with knowledge and the ability to “see” things that aren’t normally seen, hence its traditional association with psychic abilities.
            The seventh chakra, the crown chakra, is one of your main connection points with Spirit and a major route for channeling energy for healing and also for channeling information.

Because of the important role they play in our lives, it’s important that the chakras be kept “clean” and functioning properly.  There are all manner of things that can block or interfere with the functioning of a chakra. Things like negativity, unhappiness, or our reactions to daily life can have a negative effect on our chakras. But the chakras are also affected by major events that shape our lives, whether trauma from childhood or life-altering experiences later on. So it’s very common to have chakras that aren’t in optimal shape. For healing the effects of major life influences, it’s a good idea to seek out someone who’s knowledgeable about doing it, but it’s also true that there are simple things you can do for yourself to help your chakras. It’s kind of like your teeth: Sometimes you need to go to the dentist, but flossing and brushing at home is still a really good idea.
  


So what sorts of things can you do to help keep your chakras functioning properly?


Smudging, which I talked about here.

Visualizations. You can do these sitting, standing, or lying down; it really doesn’t matter. Starting at either the top or bottom of your body, visualize each chakra as a circle of colored light that goes all the way through your body from front to back (so sort of a “tunnel” of colored light). The size really doesn’t matter; bigger isn’t better. If it seems that there are dark specks or spots in the chakra, or anything except pure color, imagine yourself picking the spots out and getting rid of them. When you can see the chakra as pure clean color, just hold that image for a minute or so, then go on to the next chakra. The colors that are generally associated with the chakras are:
1st chakra: red
2nd chakra: orange
3rd chakra: yellow
4th chakra: green
5th chakra: “electric” blue
6th chakra: indigo blue
7th chakra: violet

Chakra mantras. There is a mantra, or sound, associated with each chakra. Reciting these mantras will help to get your chakras balanced and aligned. The mantras for chakras 1-6 rhyme with the name “Tom.” Be sure that you don’t drop the final “m” when saying the mantra; pronounce it fully. The mantras are:
1st chakra: Lam
2nd chakra: Vam
3rd chakra: Ram
4th chakra: Yam
5th chakra: Ham
The mantra for the 6th chakra is the familiar “Om.
For the 7th chakra, I like to chant Om Mani Padme Hum.

Some people like to recite each mantra 3 times, others say 9 times. I start with the 1st chakra and say each one 3 times before moving on to the next. You may be able to feel the chakra “vibrate” when you say (or even think) the mantra. When I first started using these mantras, I lost the paper telling me which mantra went with which chakra, and I was able to tell which was which by the feeling in the chakras as I said the mantras.

If you’re interested in doing psychic work, it’s important to keep your chakras as healthy as possible. These practices are a good step in that direction.






No comments:

Post a Comment