I've been a professional psychic for about 25 years. I read cards, I channel information directly from Spirit, I communicate with people who have passed on. These are all ways that I get information from "the other side," the non-physical realm. I can also contact people who are still alive but not present, if they have information they can share.

In this blog I intend to share information about what I do so that people who might need my services can find out about me, and also to help people who are interested in doing similar work.

People often ask me how I got into this line of work, so here's my background in a nutshell:

As a small child, I was able to hold two-way conversations with plants and animals. Growing up, I often knew what other people were thinking and feeling, but I assumed that was normal and thought nothing of it. When I was 38 I met a professional psychic who taught me to read playing cards and urged me to share my gifts by offering psychic readings to the public. In the course of doing readings with the cards, I gradually found out that I could do other things like channel Spirit or communicate with the dead. Somewhere along the line I learned to work with other spirits or energies and do things like clear houses and other spaces. I'll be writing articles about each of these aspects of my work; if you get tired of waiting feel free to ask questions.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Developing Your Psychic Abilities- Part 1: Get into the right state



This is the first of a series of posts on developing your psychic abilities. I plan to write about card reading, channeling energy, channeling Spirit, communicating with plants and animals, space clearing, and other things. I’m going to write as if you don’t have any experience at all with this type of work so, if you do, use my processes, or not, as you see fit. Also, I don’t have any specific order in mind for these posts, so if there’s something you’re particularly interested in seeing, drop me an email and I’ll see what I can do. (I won’t pass your email on to anybody else and I won’t use it to spam you.)

So let’s get right to it.

The first step in doing any kind of psychic work is to get into the right space: calm, quiet, receptive.  Since this is the first post in this series, the first thing I’m going to cover is my process for getting into that space. It’s a ritual I follow when I’m in my office; if I’m working in a different place or outdoors, I vary the process. With experience you learn what to do and when.

There are certain stones that are helpful for getting into the right space because they raise the frequency of your body. The higher your frequency, the more clearly you can receive energy or information when it comes to you. The stones I prefer are kyanite and sugilite. They both perform the same function; sometimes I feel like using one and sometimes I feel like using the other. You just hold them in your hand while you’re working. You can also wear them as jewelry, as long as they’re touching your skin.

The first step in my process is to smudge. Smudging is using smoke to clear your energy field and I’ve covered that here. My personal preference is to use white sage, although sometimes I use Palo Santo, which is a very fragrant wood. (If you come to my office for a reading, you won’t see me smudge, but that’s only because I’ve done it beforehand.)

The next step is getting quiet and still. Sit, get comfortable, relax heavily into your chair, with both feet flat on the ground, legs uncrossed. Put your hands in your lap; don’t cross your arms or fingers. Close your eyes, quiet your mind, breathe easily, and it may help to just observe your breathing. Once you’re used to it, it takes less than a minute to get into that space.

Doing these things will put you in the right energetic state for communicating with Spirit, and that’s what psychic work is. My next post will be out soon. In the meantime, feel free to ask me any questions that come up for you, and if you feel like dropping me a note I'd love to hear where you're reading this from.

No comments:

Post a Comment