I've been a professional psychic for about 25 years. I read cards, I channel information directly from Spirit, I communicate with people who have passed on. These are all ways that I get information from "the other side," the non-physical realm. I can also contact people who are still alive but not present, if they have information they can share.

In this blog I intend to share information about what I do so that people who might need my services can find out about me, and also to help people who are interested in doing similar work.

People often ask me how I got into this line of work, so here's my background in a nutshell:

As a small child, I was able to hold two-way conversations with plants and animals. Growing up, I often knew what other people were thinking and feeling, but I assumed that was normal and thought nothing of it. When I was 38 I met a professional psychic who taught me to read playing cards and urged me to share my gifts by offering psychic readings to the public. In the course of doing readings with the cards, I gradually found out that I could do other things like channel Spirit or communicate with the dead. Somewhere along the line I learned to work with other spirits or energies and do things like clear houses and other spaces. I'll be writing articles about each of these aspects of my work; if you get tired of waiting feel free to ask questions.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Animal Healing: the Grackle

A fun story of healing for a dreary day: The Grackle.
One day while I was driving, I saw a grackle, which is a black bird that's very common in the Austin area. He apparently had a broken wing, and he was running around the intersection of Highway 290 and IH35 with his wing sticking straight out in the air. It was obvious that he would not survive very long like that, so I stopped, got a towel out of the car, and began chasing him all around the intersection, much to the amusement of the drivers who were stopped for the light! That bird could really run! But after about 10 minutes, I finally caught him in the towel, took him home, and put him in a cardboard box. I made a call to Wildlife Rescue to let them know I had a bird that needed doctoring and to find out what to feed him while I had him. (While anybody who's been around Austin very long knows that grackles are real big on french fries and hamburgers, I figured maybe there was something that was better for him. Turns out the preferred diet for a grackle is dry cat food with a bowl of water to dunk it in!) In a couple of days, I got a call to take him to a very nice young lady named Mary, so I went to her house and left the bird, the box, and some good wishes.
I didn't do any healing on the bird while I had him, because of the way his wing was sticking out; he obviously needed some physical doctoring done first. But after a day or so, I called Mary to see what the his status was. She said that she had taped the wing into place, and there was really nothing more that could be done, except for just waiting and hoping that the wing would heal. (Seemed to me like an "iffy" proposition at best, but what do I know?) I explained to her that I was a healer, and that I would like to work with the bird, if it was okay with her. She had never heard of anything like that, but she had no objections, so I headed back to her house. When I got there, she took me into the room where she had the grackle in a cage. His wing was taped down to his side, and he was hopping all over the place. She explained that when grackles are caged, they constantly hop around, looking for a way out, and rarely settle down. I wouldn't say that he was frantic, just very determined! Before I knew what she was doing, she opened the cage and took the bird out. She held him in both hands, while he thrashed his head around constantly, opening and closing his mouth, like he was trying to bite something, anything! He was very intense! For no specific reason, I held my hand above the bird, palm down. When I did, he stopped moving, and froze in mid-bite, with his mouth open. As soon as I took my hand away, he resumed his thrashing. She put him back in the cage, and left the room so I could do my work.
As the bird hopped relentlessly around the cage, I sat down on the floor across from him and got settled. As soon as I began to make the energetic connection with him, he stopped moving and stared at me, with his eyes wide open. I worked with that formerly-hyperactive creature for about ten minutes, and for that entire time, he never moved a muscle, he never even blinked! He just stood there and stared at me. When I finished my work and broke the connection, he immediately began jumping around the cage again, and he was still doing that the last time I saw him. I told Mary it was all up to the bird now, and I left.
A month or two later, I was very surprised to get a call from Mary; she said she was just wondering if I would like to hear what happened to the grackle. Of course, I said yes, and so she told me the most amazing story. After she had kept his wing bandaged for what seemed like "long enough," the only way to find out whether he was okay was to turn him loose, and see if he could fly. (Again, the iffy-ness of this whole process just blows me away!) So she took him, in his box, down to the grounds of the state capital, because there are many other grackles there, along with lots of other kinds of birds. It's like a huge green lawn, shaded by giant trees. As she carried the box to a nice, open area in the shade and set it down, she noticed lots of birds approaching her, some flying, some walking, as if they were coming to see what she was doing. With her audience watching from a safe distance, the moment of truth was at hand. She opened the box, stood back, and waited to see what the grackle would do. I'll never forget her words, or the excitement in her voice, as she told me what happened when he came out of the box: "He flew away, just as pretty as you please! And all the other birds flew after him, like he was Jesus!!!"
Wow! Well, that was exciting enough, all on its own; we helped that bird get back his freedom and, really, his life. But there was more. It turns out that Mary has doctored quite a few wild birds with broken wings, and never had a single one heal well enough that she could release it! Her conclusion about our experience with the grackle was very gratifying for me: "That must be pretty good stuff you do." I'd have to say all of us... Mary, the grackle, and Spirit included... did some pretty good work that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment